NYGA\B

New York Guys Around With Braces

Thursday, January 13, 2005

I think it's time to talk.

As charter members of the NYGA\B, I think we have to
consider laying down the laurels, and admitting that
this hasn't worked. We have no dues-paying members, no
scooters, no manifesto, and most importantly - WE -
the would-be bearers of the NYGA\B standard towards
it's destined ubiquitous perch over the 5 boroughs -
don't even have braces.

What really breaks my heart is that so much good could
have been done.

The de-facto standard of living in this gritty city
that could have drastically improved for our efforts,
our ascots, and our kind and selfless deeds. More safe
street crossing. Trimmed hedges. Less pole leaning.

What happened?

Really how productive can the blame game be? I'm not
pointing my finger at you. Well, at least not straight
at you. There are so many factors: lack of funds, lack
of stout hearts, lack of the piss and vinegar it takes
to cry. You know what I mean. Really cry.

I'm no quitter - and I'm guessing you're not either,
but i think it might take a bag full of blood and a
pair of jumper cables to get this thing started, and
blood is really hard to get.

I was feeling discouraged last night. Hurt. Confused.
I thought we had everything figured out.
That is, until I realized that out of every pile of
filthy ashes, a phoenix can and WILL emerge.

Lick your thumb and stick it in the air. Does that
mean you know something about the wind, and how it's
going to treat you in the next little while? The
people around you might think so, and that's exactly
what I'm getting at.

Enter the NYMWRUTTEKR

The New York Men Who Respect, Understand, and Try To
Experience Kokopelli Respectfully

It descended on me like a blinding flash. The NYGA\B
was too namby-pamby to ever cohere. I looked inside
myself and fellow man and understood that the impish
desire to do good is only a thinly veiled contempt for
everything that doesn't smell and sound like (Y)ou.
Why force it?

The New York Men Who Respect, Understand, and Try To
Experience Kokopelli Respectfully is a competitive
organization whose basis is essentially this: while we
respectfully approach the Kokopelli and its mystery,
follow its instructions, and bear ITS standard among
the 5 boroughs, we do so predicated only on the
understanding that there is only one Kokopelli. And it
will choose only one of us to take with it when it
goes. Only one. And while we have to work together
until that fateful day, eventually we will have to
connive and defeat each other to gain its fancy and
its favor.

Sounds more realistic doesn't it?

Perhaps you and I can arrange a discovery tour in the
near future, because I understand that this new
direction will require some finessing. To that point I
have BLIND CARBON COPIED this email to protect myself.
I think you know what I mean. Perhaps we can arrange
an initial group meeting - and perform some feats of
strength, and eat too much.

Warming the earth by playing his flute and singing
songs, Kokopelli would melt the winter snow and create
rain, ensuring a good harvest. Kokopelli often
displayed a long phallus, the robber fly, a
humped-back insect and a persistent copulator, and the
petroglyphic flute player with the cicada (maahu),
whose proboscis resembles a flute, whose buzzing is
described as fluting, and who can appear to have a
hump.

Bye Bye NYGA\B,
Your Friend

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home